6.17.2011

Our Sweetly Beautiful Daughter's Name!!!

We would like to announce Our Daughter's Name...But first here's a little bit of how the name came to play.


We were running through name options with one another and that every one that came to mind just wasn't a sure fit although some very nice names with some great meanings. Then there were ones that names sounded great and looked up the meaning and the meaning did not do the name justice.

So a week ago June 3, 2011 when Ben and I found out that we were having a girl the search for a girls name began, we had dinner at my mom's that weekend and going over some names with her and mentioned that we didn't think her name would start with an A. Any who.

So we got home after that weekend looking up names on the Internet and looking up there meanings and so fourth...the one letter that we kept going to was in fact the A, go figure.
So after a week and half we finally found the name that Our Sweetly Beautiful Girl will be called and named. We definitely have felt that this name is hers and chosen by us with Our Sweet Heavenly Fathers guidance.

Her name means Night Rain in Japanese...Didn't you know that Ben and I speak Japanese!! Nah Just Kidding, but absolutely love the name...I haven't quite shared the name just yet because I want to give a little back ground on why we have chosen this name.


Before Ben and I began dating we had met at a Small Group called Tribe where we were sitting there talking over several weeks within the group and rain was mentioned and I just sighed and was stating that I just love the smell of the rain and how calm it makes me...So any who a couple weeks had passed and we were sitting in group again and Ben was telling me about his adventure that past weekend. Where he and the guys that he worked with went hiking and camping and one of the nights it had been raining and they all were in there tents going to sleep that night and as it was raining a breeze swept within his tent and the scent of rain overwhelmed his senses and then mentioning to me that it made him think of me.... I about burst... "Ben thought of me" was running through my head and so that one evening with the rain, was one reason why are story is continuing to be written.


And this is why the name has so much meaning to us and is part of an amazing love and story...


We are please to Announce Her Sweetly Beautiful Name .... Amaya Scranton!!!

Continue to lift us up in Prayer as we prepare to be Parents that have been Called by Our Sweet Heavenly Father Parents to Our Precious Amaya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment