5.19.2012

My 24 Day Challange on AdvoCare


It all began when I was being showered for our Sweet Amaya, hosted at my Aunt Pat’s house.  My Aunt Janie was present and was looking absolutely fabulous and wanted to know what her secret was.  Was it working out, eating differently, what was she doing? 
So I found out that she started the 24 Day Challenge from AdvoCare. 
Amaya was born on October 28, 2011
Pre-pregnancy my beginning weight was about 160ish and Post pregnancy I weighed in about 193 lbs. at my 6 week check.  I lost myself after having Amaya I continued to eat as if I were still pregnant my daily diet consisted of Monday through Thursday before work I would go and get Bojangles and would order a sausage Biscuit, 1 Egg & Bacon Biscuit with a Large Dr. Pepper. Lunch I would either have McDonalds (Large Soda with Large Fry Combo Meal, Wendy’s (2 orders of the 5 piece spicy chicken nuggets, large fry, a large Dr. Pepper  or even Subway (Footlong Spicy Italian, Lay’s Original Chips, Large Drink. For Dinner anywhere from Pizza, Pasta, Garlic Bread with lots of cheese.  I may have drank a glass of water a week maybe, but for the most part it was Soda.  Those who don’t know me well or have not gone out to eat with me, have never witnessed how I would eat, I would add salt to every single bite, I am not kidding at all.  Snacks would consist of lays original chips, pepperoni and crackers, bbq chips, tortilla chips with cheese dip, popcorn, and the list could go on.  I was truly a salt craver and it was my weakness. 
So this is leading up to how I began to feel about me and what I saw when I looked in the mirror.  Though I have an Amazing and a Husband who always showers me with words of affirmation; he saw and sees me as beautiful and would always tell me so.  But this went in one ear and out the other because what I was seeing and feeling within was so untrue.  Those lies they can do so much hurt to one’s inner thoughts, their cruel.

I began to realize that I needed to make a change for me, my marriage, and for Amaya.  Me I wanted to be a healthier woman with more energy a positive outlook, an encourager again. I say an encourager again because I realized that I stopped doing that because how could I encourage someone when I couldn’t listen to my own words that I voiced.  For my marriage I realized that even though Ben would shower me with words of affirmation I didn’t believe it and would respond back with yeah-yeah. I then came to a realization if I continued this way he may stop telling me all together because when he tells me “You Are Beautiful Heather” he is giving me more of his heart and I am just throwing it away. This is the last thing that I want to do.  For Amaya I see her innocents where she doesn’t know any other way of food intake and healthy foods to eat not healthy foods to eat unless she sees what we are eating.  

It all became clear after Ben and I were talking about when we were growing up that our diets were so much different than what we were consuming on a day to day basis.  We both stated that we didn’t want her to eat the way we were currently eating.
All these things were the driving point for me to get in contact with my Aunt Janie regarding AdvoCare she did mention to me that the products may be pricey but worth every penny.  I wanted to give it a try I signed on a 24 Day Challenge- which included the 10 Day Cleanse, 14 Days of MNS C, Vanilla Shake, Spark Energy Drink and added Catalyst and ThermoPlus and CarbeasePlus to my order, On March 21, 2012.  As I said before post-pregnancy at my 6 week check I weighed in at 193 lbs., but with the way I was eating I could of put on more weight by March 21st. 
I read up on all the to do’s and not to do’s while doing Phase 1 and Phase 2.  At first I was hesitant but was willing to give it a go. 

This is what the 24 Days looked Like for me:

During the Cleanse Days 1-10
Followed the directions of how to do the Cleanse and also my Aunt Janie, Jamie and Lori

No Sodas, Salt, Breads, Starches, Sweets (Completely did without these)
Lots and Lots of Water!!!!!

I ate Tuna, Salmon and Tilapia, chicken occasionally with avocados (not all at the same time but for different meals), green, red, yellow and orange peppers. Zucchini, broccoli (yes I said broccoli I never have eaten it before this, I roasted it with garlic, which is so easy to make), spinach and eggs.
 I used salt-free herbs, lemon juice, spray olive oil, spices, and herbs.

Fruits for when I had a sweet tooth such as pears, apples, grapes and other fruits.
Dry Roasted Almonds (unsalted which I found them at Trader Joe’s)

During Phase 2 Days 11-14
Taking the MNS C for Control of Appetite, Thermoplus, Catalyst and CarbeasePlus  for my daily routine of vitamin intake and also received advice from Jamie and Lori as well.

I continued with the same menu options
I have introduced occasionally roasted red potatoes with oregano, garlic, pepper)

You can introduce whole wheat back into your diet (I would suggest in moderation)
Light Mozzarella cheese (in moderation)

So I say that to say Ben and I found a place in Athens called Your Pie, a 10inch personal pizza  this is my splurge meal on a Saturday occasionally and only a few slices of it, whole wheat dough, roasted garlic olive oil for base, light mozzarella, spinach, roasted red and green peppers with red onions. 
The reason I say splurge occasionally of personal preference I know that if I am too strict on myself that I could get frustrated all together and then possibly even drive Ben crazy, haha, we don’t want to do that.

I have not added salt to anything that I am getting ready to eat, so that being said I have introduced different spices to my dishes, which I have to be careful about for Ben because he likes spicy foods but in moderation.  I could eat spicy all the time.
After 3 or 4 days I was already noticing a difference within.  I felt so much better at first I was hesitant because I was like I can’t go without salt soda etc. But soon I realized in those days that I have not wanted or was even looking for these things. 

I have been on Advocare for  46 days now and am still continuing on this new healthier lifestyle for me, my marriage, and our daughter Amaya.  I lost a total of 29 lbs and counting.

In addition to the weight loss I have even saved approximately $50-100 from not eating fast food and the grocery bill has even dropped. 

I originally signed on as a distributor for the automatic 20% discount for the product for myself.  I soon realized that the results I have been getting and the increased energy during my day; didn't want to just hold it to myself.  I want to be able to share how AdvoCare has changed my life and want to be apart of other friends and families journey as well, near and far.

I am forever grateful for my Aunt Janie for the introduction to AdvoCare and for Jamie mentoring me through AdvoCare. 
Since I have been on this journey of a healthier new lifestyle I don’t want to just keep it to myself I want others to benefit as well.  If you would like to know more on how to jump on board  to feel and see the results for yourself, please leave a comment or email me at scranton.heather@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment